I Lost My Heart In The Mountains Of Norway

Featured Story: A Once in a life time hike in BESSEGGEN RIDGE IN JOTUNHEIMEN, NORWAY



Few days back, Facebook memory took me back to the place I was hanging around last year.  BINGO! Exactly what I needed to feed my blog with.  

I am sharing the photo story about a place where I happened to hike, this time around last year (July/August 2016). I feel fortunate to have hiked on one of the most popular day hikes that have attained a cult status for hikers in Norway. Although the hike was a day long, it undeniably left no stones unturned on leaving an everlasting imprint on my memory and getting myself “high on nature”.  With the captivating green glacier lake, divine landscape with pintsized snow lines in the peaks, open blue skies (luckily), flowing rivers to stagnant ponds, you wouldn’t want to miss an opportunity to get lost in this majestic beauty of this place.  

About the trip: 

Our trip started from the Capital, Oslo. Few hours drive from the capital, following the road towards Bergen, the road trip ends at Gjendesheim. The Gjende boat then takes from Gjendesheim to Gjendebu across the beautiful lake Gjende. We spent the night in mountain lodges and lavvos at Gjendebu, never have I ever stayed in any place like that before (pictures to follow). The hike starts early the next morning. The rocky steep mountains, godlike landscapes, snow stains, glacier lakes and a view to die for all in one day, shapes the beauty of this hike.   

Enjoy the pictures of the lake of Gjende, the mountain Memurubu, Besseggen and the spectacular views of the Jotunheimen mountain landscape. 
The pictures are purely raw, no post production, no extravagant filters used. Too lazy to do that :p

That's How I Roll :) 



You can't ask for more 



I have nothing to say

Ask me about the place I want to live until forever: This is what comes to my mind 

The majestic view of Gjende Lake 

No clue about the underlining idea behind a cairn like this, but happen to be there in any hike/trek, be it Norway or Nepal   

Surprisingly, this is a peak summer in Norway 

The Hike squads 

Majestic landscape of Besseggen Ridge 

We actually hiked through this ridge 

Close friends, beers and this place: heaven I would say  

When lake meet the mountains! 

Keep Calm and enjoy the view

Until next time :) 
You can miss the boat but you can't miss the view!

  

Comments

  1. I would like to ready about hikes and treks you did in Nepal. Pictures are really nice dai. I am very motivated by the way you portrayed the story. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment